THE RED GAMBIT SERIES

Author Colin Gee

Forums

Forum Home > Ideas Page > Nazarbayeva

Jim

I realize you included Nazarbayeva's seduction in IMPASSE to show what reprobates Beria and his clique are. That being said, I would like to see N take some serious revenge at some point during the book series, perhaps even defect. I would like to see her come out smelling like a rose.  When will the next book in the series be out?

January 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

As ever, I cannot say what comes to pass. However, I think any of us that have invested in the woman, and understand her character, know that somethings can simply not go unanswered. She wears the 'Hero of the Soviet Union'. earned in combat. Such people have certain robust qualities which, in Naxzarbayeva's case, WILL surface at some time. However, and hot off the press, she will not defect... ever. She loves her country, the Rodina, and has sacrificed sons in it's preservation. Perhaps it is her love of country that presently stays her hand eh? Or maybe her husband and sons, still serving?

Book#5 is underway. I have an expedition to Europe in May, gathering more information, so that will be a month of not writing. I tend not to give predictions, but certainly before next christmas, unless I give up work and write fulltime :-)

--

January 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk at January 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM

As ever, I cannot say what comes to pass. However, I think any of us that have invested in the woman, and understand her character, know that somethings can simply not go unanswered. She wears the 'Hero of the Soviet Union'. earned in combat. Such people have certain robust qualities which, in Naxzarbayeva's case, WILL surface at some time. However, and hot off the press, she will not defect... ever. She loves her country, the Rodina, and has sacrificed sons in it's preservation. Perhaps it is her love of country that presently stays her hand eh? Or maybe her husband and sons, still serving?

Book#5 is underway. I have an expedition to Europe in May, gathering more information, so that will be a month of not writing. I tend not to give predictions, but certainly before next christmas, unless I give up work and write fulltime :-)

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean the she might not try to help bring an end to the war, especially if she comes to believe that Stalin might well wind up destroying the Rodina in the process.

January 2, 2014 at 11:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

Now, there's a thought :-)

--

January 3, 2014 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim

Another possibility is that instead of defecting, she could meet with Allied leaders to either sabotage the Soviet effort (one man's traitor is another man's hero) or to mediate an end to hositilities. N could also take part in a power struggle to undermine Beria et al. In any case, she is a character who deserves to get even with those who wronged her, and on a grand scale.

January 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

The answer lies in plain sight :-)

--

January 14, 2014 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk at January 3, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Now, there's a thought :-)

In fact, I suspect that her discoveries from Pekunin's legacy in Impasse may well be the first step on the road to doing so. 

January 14, 2014 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

Jim at January 2, 2014 at 4:01 PM

I realize you included Nazarbayeva's seduction in IMPASSE to show what reprobates Beria and his clique are. That being said, I would like to see N take some serious revenge at some point during the book series, perhaps even defect. I would like to see her come out smelling like a rose.  When will the next book in the series be out?

"Seduction"? More like rape. I too would like to see Nazarbayeva get some payback, and for Beria to wind up on the end of a noose.

January 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennie McRae

Even though Nazarbayeva is the "enemy", she is one of my favorite characters next to Knocke and I see her as an honorable figure. She knows how dirty things are around her, yet she is keeping her head above it all. I really respected her when she told her husband what had happened when she could of just kept her mouth shut. I am looking forward to more of her in future books and to see how the "proceedings" with Beria, those two colonels and that well endowed sergeant will turn out. I hope she gets revenge on all four of them.

March 1, 2015 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

GRU Mayor General Tatiana Sergievna Nazarbayeva... Hero of the Soviet Union... mother of three sons already sacrificed to the Rodina... victim of the foulest depravity at the hands of Beria and his agency... a woman who loves her country...

Nazarbayeva is one of everyone's favourite characters. I think that is because she is inherently a good person; brave, efficient, and yet vulnerable too. She says what she thinks, without the dancing that goes with high office and politics, somethingthathas protected her from Stalin's wrath when the GRU have not done as good a job as they could or should have. She is beautiful, even in her advancing years, and yet flawed, openly so, as her foot wound gives her the slightest of gaits to catch the eye. She is trusted by almost everyone in her circle, and commands love and respect from those whom she commands. She is, in many ways, an ideal, an almost perfect officer and person. Yet we know she isnt... she has something of Pekunin's, a something she has kept hidden and undeclared, a something that gives her a link to his 'plotting'.

As an author, can I allow Beria's hideous rape to stand unanswered. To use the American vernacular, you bet your ass I can't. How and when is the only question to answer, and I will keep that to myself for now.

In the meantime, ponder this question...

Who is VKG?

I need comment no further, need I?

--

March 2, 2015 at 4:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennie McRae

I have no idea who VKG is, but I sure can't wait to find out. 

March 7, 2015 at 12:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

It is there, in the books, if you look hard enough :-)

--

March 7, 2015 at 3:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennie McRae

I thought it was Gorbachov, but he was too young to have served then. It is a mystery to me! LOL 

March 7, 2015 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

VKG... Mikhail Gorbachev dont scour lol

--

March 8, 2015 at 12:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

go back to the top