THE RED GAMBIT SERIES

Author Colin Gee

Forums

Forum Home > Ideas Page > Are we going to see more of that Armenian general in 'Sacrifice'?

Keith Lange

You know, the one who had a straight razor on his person, and was swept up in the NKVD paranoia following Makarenko's ill-fated attempt to assasinate Stalin. He probably had the razor because he was running late and didn't have time to shave at his domicile, so he took it with him planning to shave in the men's room at some point. Do you think that he might be a bit sore towards Stalin and the NKVD for his treatment?

March 3, 2015 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

the simple answer is no, I think not. he has already paid for his misdemeanour.

--

March 3, 2015 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk at March 3, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Still,  I was wondering if some of the people who were caught up in Stalin's and the NKVD's paranoia (at least those who lived) might become disillusioned with Stalin as a result, and may well play a part in the future.

March 4, 2015 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

Ah, now you're talking. However, I have to seal my lips obviously. I am on record as saying that Beria and Nazarbayeva will have their day. Over that, I cannot say further.

--

March 5, 2015 at 3:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bennie McRae

Whenever I read about the latest tragedy in Nazarbayeva's life SPOILER (her captured son burned in that house on orders from Stalin and Beria) all I can think about is, "They are going to be in a world of hurt when they push her too far."

March 7, 2015 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

She has no idea of the involvement of certain people in the death of her sons. Were she to find out... well...

--

March 7, 2015 at 2:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk at March 3, 2015 at 1:41 AM

So the poor guy is dead then? 

June 27, 2015 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

Yep.

--

June 27, 2015 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk at June 27, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Yep.

You'd think the Soviets would know by that time that they couldn't afford to strictly follow The Darth Vader Guide To Management any more. Still, I was thinking of a idea for a new character-the late General's younger brother or cousin, a lower ranking officer in the Soviet Army. When war broke out, he was not too sure it was a good idea, but out of loyalty to his government and country he went along. As time went by, rising casualties started chipping away at his resolve, plus he started hearing rumors about Stalin's lies and exaggerations. Eventually, his relatives's death at the hands of the NKVD fully disillusioned him, and he decided to pass information about the Soviet war effort to the Allies. What do you think, Chris?

June 28, 2015 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

I couldnt possibly comment...

--

June 28, 2015 at 7:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

denis rea

What about Oleg Penkovsky?

--

Denis Rea

June 29, 2015 at 5:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

An excellent question, but he has no part to play.

--

June 30, 2015 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

go back to the top