THE RED GAMBIT SERIES

Author Colin Gee

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > field tests of the AK47?

alan

Given the general acceleration of immediate post war developments are we likely to see combat tests of the AK47 by Soviet units?  I understand that operational versions were tested from late 1945 onwards. Regards Alan

January 17, 2016 at 6:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

Absolutely... categorically... beyond any doubt... yes.

--

January 18, 2016 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

Of course. After all, would Cg mention it if it wasn't going to be a factor? Will it be the 1st variant, as opposed to the 2nd or 3rd model?

January 18, 2016 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

alan

Good news.  An excuse then to add some later period figures to my 15mm Soviets to go along with the expermental tanks already painted. 

January 19, 2016 at 12:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

keith, I intend to introduce both folding and rigid stock versions [AKS47 and AK47]. I intended to introduce the RPD but simply forgot. I will remedy this but it will have been in service since 45.

--

January 22, 2016 at 4:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Keith Lange

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk at January 22, 2016 at 4:10 AM

keith, I intend to introduce both folding and rigid stock versions [AKS47 and AK47]. I intended to introduce the RPD but simply forgot. I will remedy this but it will have been in service since 45.

Will it replace the SKS and Mosin, or will it serve alongside them? Also, by first model, I meant the stamped receiver.

January 22, 2016 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gee_colin@yahoo.co.uk
Site Owner

The Russians dont throw away anything. Havent considered which type of Ak yet. All I know is that its reasonable to fit it in within our timeline. When I come to use it, Ill look further.

--

January 23, 2016 at 4:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

go back to the top